The following policies govern how we use our library.
- The rules we have in place have a three fold purpose: to protect the rights and safety of our patrons, the staff members and to preserve and protect the library's materials, facilities and property.
- Behavior rules:These first five rules shall result in expulsion frim the library and loss of library privileges for a period of up to 3 years.
- 1.Committing or attempting to commit any activity that would be a violation of any federal, state or local criminal law or ordinance.
- 2. Threatening with personal harm any person, group of individuals or property. Violation of this rule will result in a minimum ejection of one year.
- 3. Engaging in sexual conduct, including but not limited to, the physical manipulation or touching of a person's sex organs through clothing or not, in the act of apparent sexual stimulation or gratification.
- 4.Being under the influence of any controlled substance or intoxicating liquor.
- 5.Posscessing, selling, ditributing or consuming any alcoholic beverage, except as allowed at a library approved function.
- At the staffs discretion anyone violating rules 6-14 shall be ejected for the day after one warning is given. If the rule is broken again by the same person he/she will be excluded and lose all library privilege for a period up to one year.
- 6. Disruption of other patrons, library staff, by but not limited to , abusive or threatening language, gestures, conduct that creates unreasonable noise, or conduct that consists of loud or boisterous physical behavior or talking.
- 7.Using library equipment, materials, fixtures, furniture or building in a way inconsistant with its usual and customary use. In a destructive, abusive, or potentially damaging manner,or in a manner likely to cause personal injury to his/her self or others.
- 8.Disobaying the reasonable direction of a staff member or library board member.
- 9.impeding the free passage of staff, patrons or others trying to enter or exit the building, inculding using of but not limited to skateboards, bicycles, backpacks, and other items.
- 10.Using roller skates, wheely's or other devices on library property.
- 11.Smoking or using other tobacco products on library premises.
- 12. No food or drinks are allowed in the library, by the computers, or in the stacks.
- 13. Violating the library's rules for internet and public computer rules.
- 14. Taking library materials into the restrooms whether they have been checked out or not is strictly prohibited.
Please, remember that children should be supervised at all times when they are in the library, it is not the staffs job to babysit. Children are welcome to look at books while they are here and encourged to check them out. Pulling books off the shelves and leaving toys and puzzle pieces on the floor is not allowed, so please pick up after your children. Children who are disruptive and misbehaving will be asked to leave.
Statement on Privacy and Confidentiality of Library Records
Our records are kept private and are not shared with anyone. All computer records are kept confidential. We ask that you share with us any information that will make serving you easier.